Wednesday 29 November 2017

Rapunzel Journal page by Gemma

 A couple of days off December, which is a super busy month for me as I am sure it is for lots of you, I am so behind. I wanted to take some time to play in my art journal, so I have a page to share with you all today inspired by this window stamp from The Artistic Stamper that always reminds me of Rapunzel, so I added a quote from the story 'That beautiful bird is no longer sitting in her nest, nor is she singing anymore'


After laying Gesso down I sprayed some purple sprays I had left over from a different project, while they were wet I sponged areas for texture. Once that was dry I made some marks with a black paint pen.


Then I randomly stamped over the top with a calligraphy mat. On a separate sheet of card, I stamped the window and heat embossed it with black embossing powder.


I made a pencil mark so I knew where I wanted the window to be, and then masked round the section I wanted to use on Jennies flourish stencil.  Once I had the stencil in position I applied I mixture of green paint and texture paste.


While waiting for that to dry I stamped several flowers and a butterfly onto card. After colouring them in with pencils and distress ink I cut them out and glued them into place.



Thank you for popping by

Gemma


No comments: