Monday 13 July 2015

Rustic Tag by Shilpa

Hello Everyone,
Shilpa here,
Today I would like to share with you a tag...which is the theme of July challenge at Artistic stamper

I've used here Bird stamp from Artistic Stamper Birds of a Feather set,  AS Calligraphy mat 13, AS Free as a bird set.

I've small step by step for this tag,

I chose thick chipboard to make this tag. To start with I applied thick layer of modelling paste and stamped on it with AS Calligraphy mat text at one corner. On other corner I used stencil and modelling paste. Let it dry completely.


For base, I applied black gesso. It looks exactly like this..somewhere you will find the texture. :)




As I wanted rustic look, I applied distress paints - Gathered Twigs, Antique Bronze, Pine needles, cracked Pistachio with dry brush.


To highlight texture, I gently applied Inka gold old silver on raised area. 




this is a close up view.




 I stamped the bird with black archival ink and colored it with watercolors.
Leaf stamp is from AS Botanical plate2, which I stamped with distress paint, fussy cut it.
 Frame is from Tim Holtz industrial stickers






Are you liking it? Do let me know !! :)

And don't forget to participate in our monthly challenge to win fabulous stamps from Artistic stamper.

Thanks so much for stopping by. I'll be here with another project in two weeks, between you can find more mixed media inspiration at my blog - Neon diary







12 comments:

SD pooja said...

Awesome job on the bg, Looks like embossed metal foil,Thanks for sharing the steps :) Loved the tag :)

mamablitger said...

What an awesome tag. Fantastic effect you achieved by stamping into the paste. Really exciting. Love it !!!!! Thank you for sharing a great step- by-step tutorial. I will try this soon. Thanks a lot for the inspiration.
Hugs from Monica... Spain

Sid said...

Fab antique background !!

Sid said...

Fab antique background !!

Unknown said...

It is sure a marvellous piece :)

Jackie PN said...

Stunning Shilpa!! Love your palette! Your tag design is beautiful!! ")

Jane said...

What a lovely tag, the texture is gorgeous and such lovely bright pops of colour x

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Beautiful Shilpa. x

Cocofolies said...

YES Shilpa, I love your tag, gorgeous texture and this bird on his leaves branch is very beautiful!!! :) Coco xx

Gemma Hynes said...

what a fab piece x

fyrefly said...

Wow Shilpa, that's fantastic ! Love the technique and can't wait to ry it myself.

Lyn

Words and Pictures said...

Great texture, and I love the bird perched there in the frame - terrific tag!
Alison xx