Wednesday 24 June 2015

Not Just An Ordinary Jam Jar by Debs

Hi All

Hope you are all enjoying the sun.  I thought I would show you a stamped and decorated Jam Jar for this post


I started by pouring some Fresco Finish paint into the jam jar, i used two colours (vanilla and tangerine) and swilled it around until the inside was completely covered. With the paint that was left over after tipping out the excess.  I painted the lid and two journal pages - think I may have put a tad too much in!!

Once the jar was dry inside, I inked up The Artistic Stamper swirls stamp with Teal Stazon.  I then  rolled the jar across the stamp,  rather than stamping onto the jar, this way it eliminated any slippage.  Whilst Stazon does dry quickly I did leave it to dry properly, so that it wouldn't smudge.  When it was dry I then took The Artistic Stamper daisy stencil and wrapped it around the jar, holding it as tightly as I could, I pushed grunge paste through and left it to dry.  Whilst waiting for it to dry I stamped butterflies from the butterfly set that was recently released onto shrink plastic with teal Stazon. I stamped four different ones for the middle and then three all of the same for the lid, coloured them in, cut them out and then heated the shrink plastic with heat gun to shrink.


To get the butterflies to stick together on the lid once they were coloured and shrunk I re-heated the edges and once warmed up added glossy accents and held until they fused together.  Whilst waiting for the butterflies to fuse I painted the grunge paste daisies orange around the jar and on the lid. 
 
Close up of lid
 
Thanks for joining in the fun and don't forget there is still a few days left to show us your creations.  We really would love to see them.

Thanks for looking
Debs
notationsofacrafter-debs.blogspot.co.uk

Products used











1 comment:

www.deeadamsart.blogspot.co.uk said...

Hi debs love this jar thanks for the tip on rolling the glass over the stamp rather so as not to smudge it I never thought of that. I love your tecnique's.