Saturday 18 January 2014

Resolutions Tile by Alison (Craftytrog)

Hello Stampers!
I love playing around with my Gelli Plate, & thought it would be fun to try using it on a bisque tile for a change.
Here's what I came up with...
I like to use bubble wrap & interesting textured vegetable packaging to create patterns with the Gelli Plate, so I combined these with a few colours of Claudine Hellmuth Studio Paint. I did a few layers of printing, using only one colour at a time.
When the paint was dry, I stamped Neil Walker's Kiki, together with phrases from the Be Creative Plate. I used Jet Black Stazon ink for this, and added some ink to the edges of the tile also.
I finished off by sealing the tile with DecoArt triple thick brilliant gloss glaze. 
I hope that 2014 will be happy, creative & artful for you all!
Thanks for visiting,
Alison xxx

12 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Ooh nice... the ocean depths of colour are beautiful! How funny - I've got a half done tile on my work table at the moment... nothing like this though!
Alison xx

massofhair said...

Wow Kiki has a flamboyant air to her, love the colours you have used very much.

Reading a lot about Decoart products at the moment especially their glazes & finishes, the glaze looks fab i am wondering if it heat proof.

Hoping 2014 will be creative & wonderful for you too Alison:-) xxx

Mindful craft said...

Great project and technique Alison, thank you for sharing.
Hope to see you again soon xx

Helen said...

That's fab, Alison! Love the sentiment too, wishing you the same for 2014.

Neil said...

Love this. I'm slowly getting to the stage where I think I need to play with a gelli plate. You've got such a depth of tone there and I bet it looks even nicer in reality. (like the image too LOL)

Anonymous said...

My attempt failed when I tried this technique, I am sure I used too much paint, it was very splodgy.
This is a stunning background and your stamps are so perfect.
Wishes
Lynne

whyducks said...

Great work

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tile, the background looks great.

Alie Hoogenboezem-de Vries said...

Like it a lot Alison :-)

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous idea to use the gelli on a tile, this looks fantastic and a great way to use that stamp!!

Corrie Herriman said...

Wonderful, I love how the orange still peeks through here and there.
Corrie x

Sid said...

Great background ! Happy New Year to you !!