Tuesday 9 April 2013

Queen For A Day by Alison (Craftytrog)

Hello Stampers! I have a feminine little wall hanging to share with you today.


Here's how I made my wall hanging. 

The base is a piece of corrugated packaging that I first spritzed with Dylusions White Linen Spray. I then spritzed with Heirloom Gold Perfect Pearl Mist. So difficult to get a good photo of the sparkle, but take it from me, it looks amazing! Next, I rubbed a Walnut Stain Distress Ink Pad over the 'mountains' of the card, &, as the ink stays wet, I added gold embossing powder to it, then heat set it.


I used the Sizzix Baroque die to cut a plaque from mountboard. I first painted a layer of Weathered Wood Crackle paint, then once this was dry, I inked with Walnut Stain Distress Ink. Next, I took a floral stencil, & used a palette knife to stencil a layer of Vintage Photo Crackle Paint. Once this was dry, I added a coating of Glue & Seal. I randomly sprinkled some Gold embossing powder around the edge, & heat set it.

I stamped the lady from the Collage Lady Elements Plate onto some blank vintage book paper, using Coffee Archival ink. I cut out the image, glued it to the plaque, then glued a strip of crochet lace to look like to top of the lady's dress.


I used the Sizzix Tattered Florals Die to cut flowers from vintage music sheet. I spritzed each flower with water, then inked the alternate sizes with Vintage Photo & Weathered Wood Distress Stain. I scrunched up the flowers & allowed them to dry naturally. Once they were dry, I  very carefully opened out each flower, then glued them together with Glossy Accents, adding a pearl button to the top.


I took a Glittery White Crown & inked it with a mixture of Gold Mixative & Blue Alcohol Ink. I added some tiny gold brads through the holes

I glued all the pieces together, as shown in my first photo, & finally, punched some holes with a Cropadile, & added some crochet lace to hang my art.

I hope you are inspired by my little wall hanging,
thanks for looking,
Alison xxx

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous piece Alison!!! Love it!!! ~Sophia

Paula Whittaker said...

Fab piece Alison.

Words and Pictures said...

Fabulous gilding on the card - perfect background for your regal beauty, and what a triumph that flower is as a finishing touch!
Alison x

Artyjen said...

Mmm like this a lot....so much to like especially the crown and the flower ;)
xoxo Sioux

Anonymous said...

That is beautiful, I love the flower & the crown.

Titbelsoeur, mixed-media addict said...

this piece is soooo gorgeous !!!

Caroline said...

Absolutely brilliant!! Love all the different mediums' effect & the image :))

~*~Patty S said...

Wonderful Queen with her special crown!
oxo

Anonymous said...

This is definitely appealing to me on so many levels.
Love the mix of grand (the gold spray) against the corrugated cardboard and the flower is sensational.
Wishes
Lynne

Marjie Kemper said...

What a super hanging! Love the bling and the treatment on the crown.

Janny Jager said...

Very very beautiful Alison.
Lve every detail on it.
Greetings Janny

Astrid Maclean said...

Love your hanging Alison, gorgeous colours and I adore that flower and the crackle on the crown, brilliant!

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous techniques and textures, I love the elements you have used.
hugs {brenda} xox

Jennie Atkinson said...

Fabulous Alison x

Maggie said...

Great project Alison