Saturday 13 April 2013

If Friends were like Flowers by Astrid

Hello everyone and thank you for visiting! Astrid here with my first project for this month.
I decided to have a play with the wonderful large Manila tags. I'll list links to all the other products I used at the bottom of this post.
I started by  stamping the beautiful swirl in embossing ink and then embossed it with clear embossing powder. Next I inked the tag with a variety of Distress Inks, blending from the lighter colours at the top to the darker ones at the bottom. I stamped my chosen images first in Maroon and then Jet black archival ink on smooth stamping paper. I cut out the detailed images that I stamped in black, coloured them with a mix of Distress inks, Distress Markers and Inktense pencils and then glued them onto the ones that I had stamped in Maroon and adhered them to the tag.

Following this I masked the top stamp and stamped the Speckled background and the calligraphic Mat 12 around the image for some interest, inked the edges and ran one side of the tag through an embossing folder to add some texture and balance out the design. Finally I inked the raised bits in Blue Sapphire Distress ink, and rubbed over it with a little bit of Treasure Gold in White Fire. I also shaded a little bit with a charcoal pencil around the stamped images to add some depth. Finally I  added my sentiment in black Archival and embellished with some seam binding, a bit of lace and a flower.
Hope you like my friendship tag and like always, thank you for all your lovely comments, they make my day!
These are the stamps and products I used that are available at the Artistic Stamper:
Botanical 3
Garden Plate
Calligraphic Mat 12
Speckle Background
Distress Inks: Antique Linen, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet, Barn Door, Vintage Photo, Chipped Sapphire, Weathered Wood
Archival Ink Jet Black and Maroon
Distress Markers same range of colours as the Inks

13 comments:

Regina said...

THank you for sharing how you made this lovely tag. I like the way you shaded with the charcoal pencil!!

Hugs,
Regi

Maryann Laursen said...

Absolut gorgeous work here again Astrid, and what a great tag to send to a dear friend. Who wouldn´t love to recieve this?

Paula Whittaker said...

Beautiful colouring....and love that embossing bit, really adds that extra bit of interest and texture.

Words and Pictures said...

Absolutely glorious - the glowing colours are perfect for the Pre-Raphaelite style images. Beautiful, layered stamping gives such depth, and I love the flourish - a gorgeous, gorgeous tag, Astrid!
Alison x

Annie said...

What a fabulous tag Astrid. I so love the textures and colours. The stamps used are beautiful too. A real stunner.

TFS

Annie x

Anonymous said...

Beautiful tag.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tag Astrid, love how you've layered the images and blended the colours. Sue C x

Dorthe said...

So amazingly inked and coloured dear Astrid!- I so love the red speckled glow around the woman, and the wemen below so beautifully coloured ,too.
A gorgeous tag,-- a very beautiful tag.
Hugs from Dorthe

Sandy said...

Beautiful tag Astrid. The blend of colors is amazing and it's for sure I would pick you!!!
Sandy

Ephemera said...

How beautiful Astrid, love the beautiful Romanesque images. Stunning. XX

Rita said...

Magnificent Tag. The rich colors and the beautiful stamps are just stunning and give a lovely finish to this wonderful tag. Hugs Rita xx

Artyjen said...

Love the colours....just right for the romantic look
xoxo
sioux

craftytrog said...

A gorgeous, feminine tag Astrid! xxx